The "Piccolo" - a transverse wind blown instrument.
The Piccolo is a half-size flute with most of the same fingerings but pitched an octave higher.
The articles provided here are:
- Piccolo - WIKIPEDIA - an article describing the instrument.
- The Boehm System - WIKIPEDIA - a system of keywork for the flute (and piccolo), created by inventor and flautist Theobald Boehm between 1831 and 1847. Here are some instructional sites to help you out:
- Youtube - Instruction videos for playing the piccolo
- Wikihow - How to Play the Piccolo
- Wikihow - How to Play the Flute - for Elementary School students
- Jane Cavanaugh Flute School - (Fingering Chart), Instructions and helpful hints
Here are some additional instructional materials:
- Basic piccolo Fingering Chart - diagram matching fingers to keys.
- Basic Fingering Chart for Flute & Piccolo
- Parts of the Flute - identifying the keys.
- Flute for Dummies Cheat Sheet - Mastering hand and finger placement.
- "Essential Range" Flute Fingering Chart - a Simpler chart.