The "Lap Harp"
The "Lap Harp" is a plucked string instrument with 15 strings. In the manner of the Harp, each string produces a single note but the instrument is played in a horizontal position. The instrument in our collection is the "Music Maker".
The articles provided here are:
- Music-Maker Lap-Harp - Description and FAQs from the Music-Maker Web Site
- Zither - WIKIPEDIA - an article describing the Zither, a class of stringed instruments that includes the Lap-Harp.
- The Harp - WIKIPEDIA - an article describing the Harp, a Zither class instrument.
- The Psaltery - WIKIPEDIA - an article describing another Zither class instrument.
- WIKIHOW - Instructions for Tuning a Lap Harp.
- Replacement Strings - Sources for Replacement Strings.