The "Dulcimer" is a stringed instrument with a finger or fret board, similar to the Guitar, that produces notes by plucking the strings. It is a "folk" instrument popular in the Appalachian region.
The articles provided here are:
- The Appalachian Dulcimer - WIKIPEDIA - an article describing the classic form of the instrument.
- A History of the Mountain Dulcimer - by Lucy Long
(From: Sweet Music Index, a rich source of information on the Mountain Dulcimer}
- Differences among Mountain Dulcimers - describing shapes, sizes, stringing and fret patterns.
(Also from: Sweet Music Index)
- WIKIHOW - Instructions for tuning the Dulcimer.
- Teaching the Dulcimer - an online resource from the site Montessori World Educational Institute.
- In Search of the Wild Dulcimer - a free online copy of a basic resource book.