The "Bugle" is one of the simplest brass instruments, normally having no valves or other pitch-altering devices. All pitch control is done by varying the player's embouchure. Consequently, the bugle is limited to notes within the harmonic series.
The articles provided here are:
- Bugle - WIKIPEDIA - an article describing the "instrument".
- Bugle Call - WIKIPEDIA - an article describing the "tunes" played by a Bugle.
- 1911 Description - WIKISOURCE - 1911 Encyclopedia Article on the Bugle.
- Evolution of the Military Bugle - an article describing its development in the 19th Century
- Bugling Scout Merit Badge
Bugle Calls used for Scout Merit Badge
Sheet Music for Scout Bugle Calls